The result was very… WIT-ty…
That’s right you Calgarian craft beer lovers, this post is about the Village Brewery tour, or as I like to call it, a “Tourery” (http://www.villagebrewery.com)! First off, if you live in Calgary and haven’t heard of Village I ask you this: What rock do you live under? (Because I will bring you a sample and maybe a newspaper?). If you don’t live in Calgary but are planning a visit, put “try Village beer” somewhere on your itinerary. Village Brewery not only lives and breathes the essence of Calgary, they also create majestic tasting beer that will have your taste buds dancing…even if you’re Mr. Darcy and no beer is handsome enough to tempt you!
The tour is only $15.00 and you get to sample 5 flavourful beers (the samples are generous), a pint of whichever beer you fancy the most, and bonus: a Village pint glass to take home. Did I mention all the knowledge you can feed your brain about the science of brewing beer?
This was 110% worth the $15.00, I will unabashedly admit that I’ve spent more money on candy before! It was a fun and cheap way to spend a Saturday afternoon, support Calgary, and try something new.
Top 5 Reasons Village Brewery is great and you should call to book your tour right now (or between the hours of 10:00am and 4:30pm when they’re open):
- You will learn a lot about how this delicious craft beer is made aka, science!
- You get a generous sample of all the beers: Blonde, Wit, Blacksmith, Maiden, and the Seasonal (the seasonal was Brunnette when I went)
- Experience first hand just how community invested Village is (http://www.villagebrewery.com/community). They thoroughly support the Calgary arts scene and local businesses.
- The staff are friendly, approachable, and informative
- FREE PINT GLASS… who doesn’t want free stuff?
Why You Shouldn’t go on a Village Brewery Tour:
***Cue Rolling Tumbleweed***
I strongly encourage everyone to check out the Village Brewery tour. For the record, the Brunnette is an awesome beer but as it’s a seasonal, it’s coming to an end. I suggest you go try some before it’s gone! But don’t fret, next Wednesday (February 4th), the new seasonal comes out, so Calgarians have something to look forward to!
Cheers to Village Brewery!